Monday, June 23, 2014

Pastor Robert Cox Accused of Murder, Hearing

In covering this case, I found no deception in the pastor and in his wife.  Signals of veracity, including strong pronoun use, were found.

It is still not known why the district attorney has sought any charges in this case.

There are witness statements and video tape.

What does the DA's office know that we do not?




STOCKTON - A Manteca pastor accused of murder after an incident a year ago in Las Vegas was back in that Nevada city to appear before a judge Friday morning.
Robert Cox was in Las Vegas with a church group in June 2013 when he claims a man confronted him in a violent manner in a parking lot. Cox said he was defending himself when he fought back and the other man, Link Ellingson, fell backward and hit his head. Ellingson lapsed into a coma and died six months later.
The murder charge was filed against Cox several months later.
On Friday, Cox was told there will be a preliminary hearing in early July when witnesses testify about the incident. The hearing is expected to last two days and then a judge will decide if there is enough evidence for a trial.
Cox and his attorney are both confident their claim of self defense will be substantiated.
"Nevada is a 'stand your ground' state, giving someone the right to defend himself and others. That's the defense in this case and we'll be successful," Las Vegas defense attorney Warren Geller said.
"I'm not upset or bitter. I just want them [witnesses] to tell the truth and I'll be exonerated," Cox said.

6 comments:

John Mc Gowan said...

OT Update.

Dylan Redwine's remains discovered 1 year ago today.

Find Missing Dylan Redwine FB



From Elaine to Dylan.

Hi Dyl. I cannot believe it's been a year. I still cannot believe that this happened to you. I cry every day and sometimes I catch myself looking for you. it hasn't gotten easier but I have learned to live and will continue to for you. Your bench has been cared for by so many who love and miss you like we do. You'd be touched Dylan by all of the sentiments placed there. I was. Thank you all for watching over him. Until I see you again my sonny son, you will be where you always have been,in my heart and my soul and my mind. My eyes will always see you and my ears will always hear you. I love you, bubby.

Unknown said...

Heartbreaking.

John Mc Gowan said...

Hi Jen, it is very moving.

Note the strong use of the pronouns "I" and "My", even after all this time. When i read the article, i didn't realize that they only found 3% of his body. So Sad.

trustmeigetit said...

This makes me mad. Where are these over jealous prosecutors for Ayla, Hailey, Dylan.

This case is so clearly not murder.

Unknown said...

Hi John!

It makes me even more disgusted with Mark Redwine. Even after he took her son, he sought to bring her more pain. He left Dylan to be ravaged by animals, until there was virtually nothing left.

The only justice, (for now) is the knowledge that he is tortured by the thought that his arrest could come at anytime. I hope he wonders every morning when he wakes up if today is the day.

Anonymous said...

I have lived in Las Vegas for 20 years and crime was bad when I moved here and It is worse now. We not only have crime commited by the members of our community but not all members of our police force are law abiding. My point is the new guy in office Wolfson should have his hands full. I can't help but wonder if maybe with the end of his term nearing if he isn't trying to get his conviction numbers up as he uses his appointment to further his career. Our previous DA David Rogers was not lacking in common sense, nor did he get caught up in the frivolous. Considering the murder of 2 officers recently this case regarding the preacher has me embarrassed.

LVmomma73