Saturday, November 11, 2017

George Takei Denies Sexual Assault

George Takei has been accused of groping a male model in 1081.  

His own words will guide us to the truth. He tweeted out his denial.  

A reliable denial has 3 components.  Less than 3 or more than 3 will not be reliable.  We simply need him to say,

"I did not grope ______."  

He would have no need to go beyond this, as the psychological "wall of truth" means he has no need to persuade us of anything.  Why?  Because he did not do it.  The story quickly dies.  


“I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them,” Takei tweeted.

Here he tells us not only his own emotion of "shock" and "bewilderment" at the allegation, but he assumes his audience will feel the same way he does.  This is powerful insight into his personality.  Why would others feel "shock"? These allegations are coming out hourly.  Why would his audience feel "bewildered" at the accusation?

This is a form of linguistic ingratiation, common for intelligent deceptive people to use.

The events he (Brunton) describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do,” he continued.

Mr. Brunton said that Takei groped him.  He does not deny it but uses language to persuade his audience that it was a long time ago.  This is the priority of the words. 


Takei called the accusations a “he said/he said situation” and added that the “very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful.”

A "he said; he said" is a same sex  version of "he said; she said" dispute in which one claims assault, while the other claims consensual. 

If he does not remember anything happening, how can such a dispute exist?  How could it be consensual or a disagreement, if he cannot recall anything happening?

"I don't remember" is court's number one form of deception.  

The Sermon 

We often find "the sermon" to be a red flag for deception.  It is often used in drug abuse cases.  "I would never take drugs.  Let me tell you, drugs are destroying the very moral fabric of our nation..." is a clever way to avoid saying "I did not take drugs."  

We always note the need to "sermonize" but when combined with an unreliable denial, we are looking at guilt being projected.  


 Next, we have the sermonizing that we just heard from Roy Moore.  This, when taken along with the absence of a reliable denial, is a signal of guilt: 

"When power is used in a nonconsensual situation, it is a wrong," Takei told The Hollywood Reporter.

Men who improperly harass or assault do not do so because they are gay or straight – that is a deflection," he continued. "They do so because they have the power, and they chose to abuse it.”

Deflection is what he is using, and what Kevin Spacey used. 

Brunton claimed he “passed out” in a beanbag chair in Takei’s apartment and when he regained consciousness, he allegedly found himself in a compromising position.
"The next thing I remember I was coming to and he had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear. I came to and said, 'What are you doing?!' I said, 'I don't want to do this.'”
a. "the next thing I remember" is a passage of time called a "temporal lacunae" in analysis.  It is what happens from blackouts, including those from alcohol, which appear to be the least likely to be remembered or recovered. 
b.  "he had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear.
We note the verb tenses in sexual assault statements often indicate ongoing issues relating from it. 
c.  I came to and said, 'What are you doing?!' I said, 'I don't want to do this.'”
Brunton claimed he left the apartment despite Takei telling him “to relax” and “get comfortable.
This is the "he said; he said" that the subject said he did not remember, but existed. 
I managed to get my pants up and compose myself and I was just shocked,” Brunton said. “I walked out and went to my car until I felt well enough to drive home, and that was that."
The amount of time passing causes processing, which is then seen with inclusion of emotion.  This is not something we expect to see in the immediate aftermath of a statement, but do expect it in a statement where a substantial amount of time has passed. 
Brunton said he did not think he would be believed and never went to the press with his story because “it’s my word against his."
This affirms the "he said; he said" scenario where consent is claimed by one.  

Analysis Conclusion: 

Regarding George Takei's denial:  

 Deception Indicated 

In order to be "deception indicated" one must willfully be attempting to deceive.  If one does not remember, it will not show up in the language as deception, no different than if someone repeats a lie he believes to be true. 

The above tweets, along with other statements he has made, and the allegation by the victim, tell us the truth.  He has a need to ingratiate himself into his audience, which indicates a manipulative personality.  
He has the need to sermonize as well, yet he was not able to state that he did not do it.  

For training in Deception Detection click here 

6 comments:

Habundia said...

It's sad to see how many of these people are respected by so many, while at the same time they are nothing more than a bunch of perverts who misuse their power to deceive and abuse. I am glad to see so many men and women standing up to those people who did them harm for life and not longer feel ashamed and guilty for something that wasn't their fault and never will. The only ones who should be ashamed and feeling guilty are those perverts and those who stand behind them and keep thinking they are great persons.......only those should feel those feelings, not the victims!

LC said...

"MeToo" began as a supportive alliance, but has become diluted and Trendy.
There is as much deflection in the accusations as there is in the responses of those accused.
This safety in numbers concept may cause the environment to implode, as the flood of accusations creates confusion for the public. Reputations are being reformulated in the court of public opinion. The damage is being done whether the accusations are truthful or not.

Paul Flanagan said...

Peter,

A friend of mine just read your book and I am on chapter 5 now.

We were discussing this recent allegation today, and I pointed out that he didn't deny it and that there was a lot of passive language. We also noted how he was trying to frame the perception of him. I also thought that what he's accused of isn't something he'd forget unless he's lying or does it a lot.

Vulcans Hate Him said...

Spock caught him hiding in our planet,he had his Japs eye in his paw.

Anonymous said...

The Russians are coming!! The Russians are coming!!

George blames the Russians.

http://truthfeednews.com/what-george-takei-just-blamed-russian-bots-for-his-own-sex-abuse-scandal/

JoJo said...

I thought you might find this interesting. George Takei speaks to Howard Stern about groping men who are "skittish or maybe afraid" in order to "persuade" them. Note- very suggestive language!

Howard Stern: Did you ever grab anybody by the **** against their will?
[Very long pause]
George Takei: Uhhhh ...
Stern:uh oh! [laughter] Well they were different times, you never sexually harassed anybody —
Takei: Hey bonor! [laughter]
Stern: — have you?
Takei: [Laughter] ... Some people that are kind of, um, um, skittish. Or maybe, uh ... afraid. And you’re trying to persuade. But, you know ...
Stern: Do we need to call the police? What are you saying, George? You never held a job over someone if they didn’t touch your ****?
Takei: No, no, no, no. I never did that. That’s what this is all about. It’s not about sex, it’s about power.
Quivers: But you didn’t do this grabbing at work?
Takei: Oh no, no, no. It was never at work. They came to my home.
Stern: Maybe it was some guy who was hesitating to have sex with you and you gave him a gentle squeeze on the b***s or something?
Takei: ... More than gentle [laughter]. But it didn’t involve power over the other.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrities-gone-bad/george-takeis-shocking-howard-stern-interview-surfaces-as-he-battles-sexual-assault-allegations/news-story/fefc830e4fd553616dd9c03fc44807a3

Full audio here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLtw9Tpg9Pg